People no longer in full time employment have a wealth of talent, knowledge and experience. U3A
encourages lifelong learning by using those skills.
Haywards Heath U3A was established in 1991. In our U3A there are over 1000 members
over 80+ Groups. Members learn through sharing their collective knowledge. Our group
leaders are all members of Haywards Heath U3A.
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS/MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Anyone in the Third Age can join U3A. Enquiries about membership and annual subscriptions
(£14.00 per annum) should be addressed to the Membership Secretary - Michelle Burdis.
See contact details in the Annual Programme or here.
If you join after February 1st the subscription is £7.00 for the period until subscriptions
are renewed in August.
If you pay income tax, it would be much appreciated if you could gift aid your subscription.
For a membership application form, see the Contact Us page.
All members receive a newsletter in Spring, Summer & Autumn containing information
onforthcoming events, news of different groups, dates of Open Meetings, Coffee Mornings,
Study Days and Summer Schools.
Individual members can be notified of news items between Open Meetings and Newsletters
by registering their email address with our Newsletter Editor, Wendy Gundry at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN QUARTERLY MEETINGS
These are held for all members every three months in Clair Hall at 2.00pm until 4.00pm
and are advertised in our Newsletter. Sometimes there is an outside speaker on a
topic of general interest, and at other meetings we may have several members talking
about a special topic or on a particular theme. Forthcoming dates can be seen here.
Quarterly meetings are held in the Function Suite, Clair Hall at 9.45am for Group
Leaders and Convenors. Forthcoming dates can be seen here.
NOTES ON JOINING GROUPS
- Members who have paid their subscriptions are welcome to join as many groups that
have vacancies as they wish. In August each year an Enrolment Afternoon is held,
and in addition to being able to enrol or re-enrol, representatives from all Groups
are available to discuss their activities and programmes for the coming year.
- To enrol in a group please telephone the group leader or convenor.
- If you join a group that meets in a Hall, you will be asked to contribute 35p per
hour per session, for each meeting held during the year.
- Some group leaders appreciate knowing if members are unable to attend meetings
– please inform the Convenor.
- If you decide to leave a group please let the convenor know as this allows your
place to be filled by someone else.
- If a group is full, a waiting list may be held and people on this will be informed
when there is a vacancy for them; vacancies may also be advertised in the Newsletter
or on this website. New groups will be formed where there is a demand.
- If a member is interested in starting a new group, please contact the Groups’ Coordinator.
- All groups meet during the daytime and a register is kept of all those present
at each meeting.
- In case of an emergency please carry your membership card and a contact number
with you to meetings.
Coffee mornings for members are arranged during the year at the Methodist Church
in Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath. These are open to all members and different groups
take it in turns to host these and use the opportunity to tell people about their
activities. Forthcoming dates can be seen here. The coffee mornings start at 10.00am
and finish at 11.30am.
ELECTED OFFICERS & COMMITTEE MEMBERS
These are listed together with their contact details on the Memberspage.